Powerball Jackpot increases by $1.2 billion on Wednesday, Oct. 4, with no jackpot winner.
To see if you received a reward in the drawing on Monday, check your Powerball tickets.
The Powerball jackpot is continually increasing.
The jackpot will increase to an estimated $1.2 billion for the following drawing because no one correctly matched all six balls in Monday night’s drawing, according to the Powerball website. $551.7 million will be the cash option.
According to the charts below, it will be the third-largest Powerball and seventh-largest U.S. lottery jackpot ever.
For the first time in Powerball’s history, consecutive jackpots have exceeded $1 billion.
On July 19, a lottery player from California won the $1.08 billion jackpot, making it the third-highest greatest Powerball prize ever. This was the jackpot’s latest win.
Tickets for four million dollars
Four tickets in Monday’s drawing matched the five white balls to earn million-dollar awards, though none took home the entire jackpot. Tickets purchased in New York and South Carolina had the Powerplay to win $2 million, while two tickets purchased in Delaware and Michigan each won $1 million.
Winning numbers for the Powerball on October 2, 2023
On Monday, October 2, 2023, the Powerball winning numbers were 12, 26, 27, 43, 47, and Powerball 5. Powerplay was two times.
Looking for a competitive edge? These Powerball numbers have the best odds.
What time is the following Powerball drawing?
Three times a week, on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m., Powerball drawings are held. Monday sketches were first introduced in 2021.
The three locations are: These are the states with the most people who win the Powerball jackpot.
When can I purchase Powerball tickets?
Don’t wait until the last minute to buy a Powerball ticket because the cutoff time differs by state. On the day of the drawing, the deadline in New Jersey is 9:59 p.m., while the deadline in New York is 10 p.m.
The full list of Powerball ticket expiration dates by state or jurisdiction may be found here.
NJ Lottery: Where does the entire proceeds from ticket sales go?
What is the Powerball Jackpot game?
Each ticket costs $2, but for an additional $1 you can add the Power Play, improving your chances of winning up to five times the initial reward (with the Power Play exception of the jackpot and Match 5). When the prize is less than $150 million, there is also a 10x Power Play option.
Each participant chooses one number from 1 to 26 for the red Powerball and five numbers between 1 and 69 for the white balls. The lottery machine, however, can also create a quick select ticket for you with random numbers on it.
With the exception of California, prizes range from $4 for matching the Powerball to $1 million for matching all five white balls to the jackpot for matching all six balls. On the Powerball website, click here to view a list of all prize payouts.
A lotto jackpot winner is not gifting you money, so take caution. How to identify fraudsters
Where do I find tickets for the Powerball Jackpot?
You can play the game there in addition to 45 states, Washington, DC, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Lottery tickets are widely available at convenience stores, gas stations, and supermarket stores. Online Powerball ticket purchases are permitted in some areas, but watch out for shady websites.
Before purchasing tickets online, investigate further about online sales with your state lottery.
You don’t have to be a citizen of the United States or a resident of the state where you buy your ticket.
Here are the locations in New Jersey where you can purchase lottery tickets: Click this.
After winning $1 million in the Powerball, a New Jersey grandmother with ten children is planning a Disney vacation.
How likely am I to win?
Although playing Powerball can be thrilling, refrain from blowing through those millions before you win.
11,688,053-to-1 is the probability of matching all five white balls.
What is the Powerball drawing procedure?
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET, the lottery website streams the Powerball drawing live. To see the drawing in action, go here.
You might also be allowed to see the drawing on a local television station in your area.
Unlucky? These 13 strange occurrences are more probable than winning the lottery.
Annuity or lump sum?
The two jackpot reward options offered by the major lotteries in the nation are annuities and cash.
Payments for the option with an annuity are made over time.
. There is an initial payment, followed by 29 annual installments that increase by 5% annually.
The promised jackpot is much higher than the cash option, but it is paid out all at once. You don’t have to wait for a very long time for all the money.
Can I claim the Powerball jackpot without giving my name?
You can win the lottery in secret in a number of states, including New Jersey. That wasn’t always the case, but thanks to a statute that Governor Phil Murphy approved, winners can now maintain their anonymity.
The top 10 Powerball jackpots
In several states, like New Jersey, you can win the lottery in an anonymous way:
2.04.billion, as of November 7, 2022: a California victory
2. On January 13, 2016, three winners in California, Florida, and Tennessee won $1.586 billion.
3. $1,200,000,000 on October 4, 2023:
4. California-based $1.08 billion, July 19, 2023
5. Won in Wisconsin on March 27, 2019, $768.4 million
6. $758.7 million, acquired in Massachusetts on August 23, 2017
7. Won in Washington on February 6, 2023, $754.6 million
8. Won in Maryland on January 20, 2021, $731.1 million
9. Won in California on October 4, 2021, $699.8 million
10. On October 27, 2018, two winners in Iowa and New York shared $687,8 million.
What was the biggest lottery Powerball jackpot ever won in the US?
The largest jackpots ever won in the US, between the Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries, are listed below:
1. California, $2.04 billion Powerball, November 7, 2022
2. Florida, $1.602 billion Mega Millions, August 8, 2023
3. Three winners in California, Florida, and Tennessee shared $1.586 billion from the Powerball drawing on January 13, 2016
4. Mega Millions jackpot of $1.537 billion, won on October 23, 2018, in South Carolina
5. Mega Millions prize of $1.348 billion, won on January 13, 2022, in Maine
6. Illinois, $1.337 billion Mega Millions, July 29, 2022
7. Powerball win of $1.2 billion, Oct. 4, 2023.
8. Californian won $1.08 billion on the Powerball on July 19, 2023.
9. Mega Millions jackpot of $1.05 billion won on January 22, 2021 in Michigan
10. Powerball jackpot of $768.4 million, won on March 27, 2019, in Wisconsin
11. Won in Massachusetts on August 23, 2017, $758.7 million Powerball prize
12. $754.6 million, Powerball: Won in Washington on February 6, 2023
13. Won in Maryland on January 20, 2021, $731.1 million Powerball Jackpot prize
14. Californian wins $699.8 million in the Powerball on October 4, 2021
15. Powerball Jackpot, October 27, 2018, $687,8 million: Two winners in Iowa and New York
16. Three winners in Illinois, Kansas, and Maryland split $656 million from the Mega Millions drawing on March 30, 2012
17. Mega Millions, December 17, 2013, $648 million, two winners in Georgia and California
18. Powerball jackpot of $632.6 million, Jan. 5, 2022: Two winners from California and Wisconsin
19. Powerball jackpot of $590.5 million, won on May 18, 2013, in Florida
20. Powerball, November 28, 2012, $587.5 million, two winners in Arizona and Missouri.